Past Neural Computation and Engineering Connections
The Neural Computation and Engineering Connection (NCEC) is an annual event that brings together the University of Washington neuroengineering and computational neuroscience communities. This page contains a summary of past Neural Computation and Engineering Connections.
- Keynote speakers: Marcia O’Malley (Rice), Maria Geffen (University of Pennsylvania), and Michael Berry (Princeton)
- Local speakers: Ariel Rokem (UW eScience), Daniela Witten (UW Statistics & Biostatistics), Steve Brunton (UW Mechanical Engineering), Jason Yeatman (UW Speech and Hearing Sciences), and Saskia de Vries (Allen Institute for Brain Science)
- Schedule: January 19-20, 2017 schedule (PDF)
2016 Neural Computation and Engineering Connection
January 28-29, 2016
- Keynote speakers: Lena Ting (Georgia Institute of Technology, Emory University), Rafa Yuste (Columbia University), John Cunningham (Columbia University), Richard Andersen (California Institute of Technology), and Mehrdad Jazayeri (MIT).
- Local speakers: Bing Brunton (UW Biology), Sam Burden (UW Electrical Engineering), John Tuthill (UW Physiology & Biophysics), David Gire (UW Psychology), and Eli Shlizerman (UW Applied Math, Electrical Engineering)